- Somewhat continuous and medium-sized whitewater with moderate maneuvers
- No previous rafting experience necessary
- Some fitness and swimming ability recommended
- The ideal trips for just about everyone…the average first-time rafter, families with kids over 6 years of age, and the high-water thrill-seeker in June.
- Most of our first-time rafting customers typically choose an intermediate trip
COLORADO’S BEST INTERMEDIATE RIVER TRIPS
Intermediate trips: Browns Canyon, Boulder Canyon and Silver Canyon
Browns Canyon NATIONAL MONUMENT
on the Arkansas River > Meeting Location: Buena Vista, Colorado Choose an Express Trip with round-trip transportation from Breckenridge, Frisco, Keystone!
Browns Canyon National Monument on the Arkansas River is our most popular trip! The unique combination of lots of exciting whitewater, spectacular canyon scenery, great mountain views of some of Colorado’s highest mountains and opportunities to spot wildlife make this the ideal raft trip. Exciting enough for seasoned paddlers, but not too scary for first-timers. You will want to bring your friends and family for epic rapids such as Pinball, Zoom Flume, and Big Drop!.
on the Blue River > Meeting Location: Frisco, Colorado THIS TRIP TYPICALLY ONLY RUNS TILL MID JUNE!
For a quick whitewater rafting splash in the face, close to Frisco and Breckenridge, you will enjoy the beauty and excitement of this short river run. You can expect clear, fast flowing rapids with a beautiful rocky mountain backdrop. This river has an inconsistent season.