Packing List and Rentals
Whether you are going on a multi-day trip or just a two-hour float, trying to figure out what to bring or wear can be intimidating! We’ve compiled a list of our suggestions on what to wear and bring, as well as a detailed list of what rental gear we offer. We want to make your rafting experience as comfortable as possible, so if you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to give our adventure coordinators a call!
P.S. You can also buy many of these items at our outfitter retail store before your trip.
What to wear on the river
Clothing Be sure to bring quick-drying clothing, Preferrable fabrics include nylon, synthetic fleece, polypro, capilene, or merino wool garments. Many people chose to wear swimsuits, sport shorts, merino leggings, and/or rain jackets.
Footwear Bring secure sandals with a heel strap, or old tennis shoes you don’t mind getting wet. We also have neoprene booties available for rent. No crocs, flip flops, or bare feet.
Extras A change of clothes and a towel for afterward, sunglasses with a strap, lip balm, drinking water, a hat, and guide gratuities are appreciated! We do have showers available on-site for when you return from your trip.
What not to wear on the river
Clothing Avoid cotton, denim, and fabrics that will keep you cold and wet!
Footwear No flip-flops, crocs, bare feet, or shoes you do not want to get wet. All of our boats are self-bailing so no matter what trip, your feet will get wet! We do have warm neoprene booties available for rent.
Extras Do not bring anything you don’t want to lose! There are photographers on the water to take your picture. You may leave all valuables in your car, lock it, and we will secure your keys safe in a lockbox while you’re on the river.
What is Provided
- Helmets and Type V Coast Guard Approved PFD’s (Personal Flotation Devices or “life jackets”).
- Sanitized wetsuit packages including wetsuits, splash jackets, and neoprene booties
- Rafts, paddles, and all needed equipment for your adventure.
- Lock-box for your car keys, parking spaces, showers, changing rooms, and transportation to and from the river.
- Smiles and the best (worst) rafting jokes from your guide along the way 😊
Sanitized Wetsuit Gear Rentals
Feel free to choose to rent this when you arrive for your trip! The weather changes daily so we will have a better recommendation on what rental you need when you check in for your trip.
- Wetsuits: $12
- Splash Jacket: $8
- Neoprene Booties: $8
- Wetsuit Package: $21 (you save $7) Wetsuit, splash jacket, and booties.
- Neoprene Gloves: $8
If you are going on a multi-day trip, please consider bringing all of the items listed below:
- Sleeping bag – available for rent
- Sleeping pad – available for rent
- Tent -available for rent
- Flashlight / Headlamp
- Long pants
- A pair of shorts
- Short sleeve shirt
- Long sleeve shirt
- Fleece / down jacket (opt for non-bulky items)
- Wool socks
- Dry pair of shoes
- Toiletries (avoid scented products 🐻)
- Any necessary medications
- Extra drinks – No glass (adult beverages for camp if 21+)
- Insect Repellant (generally very few bugs)
We will provide you with big dry bags for your personal belongings.
To view our full list of multi-day rental gear, prices, and information please head to the multi-day page.
If you are taking an Express Trip from Summit County, you can securely leave your belongings that you do not want to take on the river, on the shuttle bus (IE: dry clothes, wallet, phone, etc.) It will remain locked while you are on the river.
For more information on Browns Canyon Express Trips please scroll down to ‘Express’.
For more information on Numbers Express Trips, please scroll down to ‘Express’.
You can find our list of convenient pick-up locations through out Summit County to see which location works best for you.