What to bring to your River Adventure
This is a list of items that are not required, but recommended in order to make your rafting adventure as satisfying as possible.
- Quick drying clothes: nylon shorts, synthetic fleece, polypro, capilene or wool garments
- Lip Balm
- Shoes or sandals with a heel strap (no flip flops)
- Sunglasses with a strap
- Waterproof cameras
- Bathing suit
- Change of clothes (include a hoodie or jacket in case it’s chilly at the end of the trip)
- Drinking water
- Hats (Helmets provided)
- Guide gratuities are greatly appreciated!
What NOT To bring:
- Avoid wearing cotton, as it makes you colder when wet.
- Don’t wear Flip Flops or Crocs.
- Anything valuable that you do not want to risk losing.
- Helmets and Type V Coast Guard Approved PFD’s (Personal Flotation Devices or “life jackets”).
- Nice sanitized wetsuits, splash jackets, neoprene shoes and dry bags for a small rental fee.
- All needed equipment for your adventure.
If you are going on a multi-day trip, please consider all of the above items and the following:
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping pad
- Extra clothes for camp
- Extra drinks (adult beverages for camp)
- Insect Repellant (generally very few bugs)
The Adventure Company offers rentals for sleeping bags, sleeping pads and tents. Please contact our office to reserve these items.
In case you forget something on the list, The Adventure Company store, located inside our main office, is equipped with everything mentioned above and more!