1) Whether it is in a canoe, kayak or raft, paddling creates a great form of exercise between upper body strengthening and aerobic exercise.
2) It is an activity that is family friendly and almost any age can participate in.
3) It is a great sport to do with friends that builds camaraderie and memories. There are always great stories that come from paddling trips.
4) The feeling of floating and the soothing sound of the water is a natural stress reliever.
“Adopt the pace of Nature: her secret is patience.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
5) You can always make paddling more challenging by competing in slalom, whitewater, and freestyle races. Even a flat water race is a great challenge and workout. There are different strokes, braces and techniques to practice.
6) It connects you with nature’s elements; earth, water, air, etc.
7) Paddling offers adventure and the ability to explore and see wildlife. It can allow you to get to a remote fishing, caving, camping or snorkeling spot.
8 ) It is environmentally friendly. You don’t need gas or electricity to do it and you don’t create noise pollution.
9) It is a real confidence booster! When you nail that eskimo roll, maneuver your craft through obstacles, or surf in a wave, or simply reach your destination, it creates a great sense of accomplishment.
10) It feels good! Whether in fresh or salt water, you are sure to be cooling off when paddling.
Click here to find out what body parts and muscles are used when kayaking/paddling.